Updated Feb 16th, 2015
The Tim Tam Slam
Didn’t get enough chocolate on Valentine’s Day?
I can help!
Fun for the whole family, the Tim Tam Slam is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. My friend, Ann, was the first to teach me the fine art of The Slam, which I will share with you now.
However, please note: proper technique is essential. If you don’t time the cookie-placement-on-the-tongue correctly, things can get very messy. My niece, Melly, learned this the hard way. And Tim Tams are not cookies you want to waste.
First off, you will need to buy a package of Tim Tams. Here’s what the package looks like:
Then, here’s how to do the Tim Tam Slam:
1. Make a cup of tea (Earl Grey is best) or hot chocolate
2. Open package of Tim Tam Cookies (Double Chocolate are best, Caramel a close second)
3. Bite off the very end of cookie. Bite off other end of cookie.
4. Using the Tim Tam as a straw, sip a bit of tea or hot chocolate into cookie.
5. Immediately place the cookie on your tongue (closing your mouth is a good idea) and then savour the melting chocolate.
The experience should be like…warm chocolate lava gently flowing from a volcano.
If you dare give it a try, do send us your photos of The Tim Tam Slam in action…and we’ll post ’em on the PGP homepage.
Here’s a shot of my friend, Terri, mid-Slam:
Maryanne Pope is the author of A Widow’s Awakening and the playwright of Saviour. She is the CEO of Pink Gazelle Productions and the Chair of theJohn Petropoulos Memorial Fund. If you would like to receive Maryanne’s weekly blog, please sign up here.