published in Dreams/Goals, Inspiration, Travel by Maryanne | April 25, 2018

Salut Mes Amis!

“People forget years and remember moments.”

– Ann Beattie

Oh my good golly, I am SO grateful to be back in Paris…c’est magnifique!

Heather and I have been here three days now and we hit the ground running. Since it is now 11:00 a.m. and Heathe is still snoozing (since I’m working anyway), I dare say we shall take it a bit easier today 🙂

But first, let me back up a bit…

En route to Paris, I stopped in Toronto for a few days to visit my mom’s dear friend, Aunt Phyl (they graduated from nursing school together in 1949!). Phyl is now 92 and was game for an adventure, so we took a 2-day trip from her home in Guelph to Toronto and stayed at the Chelsea Hotel (a favourite haunt of my mom’s).

My brother, Pat, and his partner, Mary, met up with us and we had a ball. The daughters of another of my mom and Phyl’s classmates joined us for dinner one evening.

L to R: MA, Cathy, Phyl, Janet, Mary & Pat

After safely delivering Aunt Phyl back home to Guelph (mission accomplie!) I met up with Heathe at Pearson airport in Toronto and off we went to Paris.

Here are some snaps of our first few days:

Palais Garnier (Opera House)

Oh the FOOD…très bien!

Sacre Coeur in the sunshine

The view from the top of Sacre Coeur…300 steps up!

Ahhh…the Seine

LOVE the architecture

On the work front…

With all this traipsing about, I am getting very good at working on the fly and am developing a laser-beam focus to ensure I get done what I need to get done in short chunks of time.

Merci & au revoir for now!

Maryanne Pope is the author of A Widow’s Awakening, the playwright of Saviour and the screenwriter of God’s Country. Maryanne is CEO of Pink Gazelle Productions and Chair of the John Petropoulos Memorial Fund. If you would like to receive her regular weekly blog, please sign up here. As a thank you, you’ll receive a short but saucy e-book entitled, Dive into this Chicago Deep Dish – Ten Bite-Sized Steps for a Yummier Slice of Life

10 Comments

1. Cindy Kolbe on April 25th, 2018 at 9:13 am:

Wow, what an adventure! So nice that you could connect with your mom’s friend. The tribute to your mom at her favorite hotel sounds lovely. Keep the Paris photos coming! And I LOVE the quote, “People forget years and remember moments!”

2. jennifer dickey on April 25th, 2018 at 3:46 pm:

Glad you made it safely to Paris without my cold.
    Looks like you are having a wonderful time! Enjoy that food!

3. Kathleen Wilson on April 25th, 2018 at 10:12 pm:

Happy Holidaying!

4. lynne Karey-McKenna on April 26th, 2018 at 9:39 am:

wow! How and why did the trip to Paris come about?

5. Maryanne on May 4th, 2018 at 9:11 am:

Heathe & I thought it was time to experience springtime in Paris! I had planned on working on a screenplay there (that is partly about Voltaire and Emilie du Chatelet) but my work sked changed and I had to work (a bit) on a different project instead. C’est la vie 🙂

6. Maryanne on May 4th, 2018 at 9:12 am:

Oui! I think it wise we changed our plans to meet in Toronto, Jennifer. But next time, for sure! I hope you are feeling better and your Mom is doing okay…
    Maryanne

7. Maryanne on May 4th, 2018 at 9:19 am:

Merci!

8. Maryanne on May 4th, 2018 at 9:20 am:

Hi Cindy! Oui…Heather and I both loved that quote, too!! I hope you are doing well 🙂
    Spring is here…hooray!
    Maryanne

9. Elliot on May 7th, 2018 at 10:07 am:

Wow! What incredible photos. It’s been so long since I were last in Paris and this just makes me want to go back. Thank you for sharing.. 🙂

Elliot

10. Maryanne on May 7th, 2018 at 11:59 am:

Oui! You and Alex may need to take a quick trip over to Paris…it’s such a short distance for you guys. You could take the chunnel 🙂 I will have to try that sometime!
    MA